Please note: The application process for the 2016 Thanksgiving Food Drive will be open during October 2016.
Are you in need of groceries for Thanksgiving? You are the reason our organization exists. Here are some things you need to know to receive help.
1. All Thanksgiving food recipients MUST be pre-approved. No one will receive food if they have not submitted an application and been approved in advance. 2. To complete an application, please visit one of the following participating non-profit organizations before October 24, 2016.
- Longview Community Ministries, 506 N. Second Street
- Salvation Army, 519 E. Cotton Street
- Newgate Mission, 207 Mobberly Avenue
- Caring & Sharing, 1303 Mobberly Avenue
- Buckner Children and Family Services, 110 E. Cotton Street
2. All applications will be reviewed by the Thanksgiving Food Drive. Pre-approval letters will be sent in November to qualifying applicants. Applicants must live within a Longview postal address and meet income requirements.
3. Information about picking up your food:
- You MUST be approved in advance (2016 Application Period is October 1-24, 2016).
- Must bring pre-approval letter and identification. If you cannot attend on pick-up day, please send your pre-approval letter and identification with someone else to pick up for you.
- Pick-up is Tuesday, November 22, 2016 from Noon – 3 p.m.
- Your specific pick-up time should be listed on your acceptance letter.
- We will not hold boxes
- We don’t deliver